Location: Granadilla and San Carlos, Costa Rica
The Senior QA Engineer works with our agile development team members to find and fix defects collaboratively and pragmatically. They work closely with the BA/PO figures in the project to understand how they will validate the quality of the team’s development and can clearly communicate how our products are designed to work.
They embrace whole team ownership and adapt to rapidly changing priorities while working as part of a high-performing team that regularly releases and performs regression tests. QA partners with developers to provide daily feedback and tests in both development and test environment.
- Works closely with the team’s leads during our release process to help determine the readiness of the release and communicate the status of any defects identified pre-release.
- Works with developers and Technical Services to help reproduce production defects in a QA environment, document root cause, and validate the fix.
- Produce and maintain test coverage reports for functional coverage.
- Verify test results in manual testing.
- Create, Maintain, Execute and Evaluate:
- Smoke Tests.
- Acceptance Test Cases.
- Regression Tests.
- Log and retest defects.
- Minimum 2 years of hands-on work experience with IT quality assurance and testing of highly configurable web applications with significant size, scope, and complexity is required.
- Familiar with agile development, quality assurance principles, inspection techniques, and testing procedures.
- Knowledge of SQL queries (basic), Knowledge of API testing (theory and practice)
- Nice to have: Development experience or basic knowledge of it.
- Advanced English level
Behaviors & Characteristics
- Critical Thinking – Must be able to prioritize, think through, and address issues that may impact the ability to successfully deliver to the client.
- Professionalism and Composure – Able to project a professional, composed demeanor in all situations, especially during stressful situations, in a way that builds harmony and promotes relationships among all team members and clients.
- Exceptional interpersonal and oral skills – Able to communicate effectively with a wide variety of facility personnel and internal employees, both technical and non-technical with an emphasis on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills
- Flexibility – Available to assist and troubleshoot issues for end-users or clients that need assistance when working past normal operating hours
- Team player – Important to be able to handle multiple tasks and need to be able to jump in to get issues resolved and collaborate with other team members or departments to develop client-specific solutions
- Self-motivated – Expect to be interrupted or waiting on responses, so will need to be able to juggle multiple assignments well and prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly – Our software and infrastructure will frequently adjust to accommodate the needs of our employees and clients, adaptable knowledge is a must
- Strong documentation skills – Will be responsible for documenting procedures that are necessary to our work and update associated wiki documents
- Lifelong learner – self-motivated in the pursuit of understanding better ways of working
- Curiosity – Has above-average intellectual curiosity and inner drive to grow individual technical skills such that (s)he evolves into an in-house technical expert (i.e. a ‘go-to’ person).