Senior Java Engineer
Location: Granadilla and San Carlos, Costa Rica
Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs, and modifies the software to enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, or Internet-related computer programs. Code may be used in commercial, end-user applications, and internal tools that improve efficiencies that support our diverse industry segments and clients. Using current programming language and technologies, writes code, completes programming, and performs testing and debugging of applications. Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance. May interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications. As you advance in your career the expectation is individuals become thought leaders and communicate those ideas.
What you will do
We are looking for an engineer who isn’t afraid of a challenge.
We are building the next generation of our client’s Data Platform (DAAS) and you will be working on a core piece of our overall platform, the UDS API.
- 4-year college degree in a related field of study or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years programming experience
- 5+ years Java or other OOP language
- 5+ years Linux CLI
- Supporting skills: Git, Maven, OAuth, REST, SQL, Eclipse/IntelliJ
- Ability to successfully communicate both verbally and written
- Proven analytical skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to maintain positive relationships with partners
- Sense of ownership mentality and track record of successful high-quality results
- Advanced English level
What will set you apart
- OpenShift/OpenStack/Docker / Kubernetes / Microservices
- Angular / JQuery
- Jenkins / Jira / Confluence
- Scrum Methodology
Nice to have
- Experience with APIs