Location: Medellín and Bogotá, Colombia
- Sr/Arch Level, 7+ years of recent industry experience
- Tech stack is Ruby on Rails, Scala, Backbone, ReactJS, MySQL
- Must be highly proficient in Ruby on Rails and some concurrent backend language
(Java, Golang, Scala, Erlang)
- Ruby 2.x, Ruby on Rails 3.25, and JRuby
- Scala or other concurrent backend language
- RSpec and TDD in general
- Rails architecture, code organization, performance, and security best practices
- Rails application scaling issues and best practices
- Experience with microservices frameworks, deployments, and operations
- Agile software development experience
- SQL (MySQL or PostgreSQL)
- Git / GitHub
- Computer Science or related degree
- Amazon Web Services Stack (EC2, S3, etc)
- Previous Rails upgrades (3.2>4, 45, etc.)
- Docker and containerization
- Kubernetes for deployment management
- Solr or other search index
- CircleCI or other CI/CD tools
- Demonstrate deep web application development experience for complex apps
- Must have experience with architecture, scalable systems and conducting code reviews
- Strong communication skills (written & verbal) with the ability to appropriately tailor
messages for the audience.
- Understanding of OO design, algorithms, and data structures
- Aptitude to quickly learn new languages and technologies as necessary
- Have a focus on quality, and operate iteratively to get from good to better
- Write automated tests to thoroughly validate the correctness of your code
- Write performant, maintainable code that is easy to read and well documented
- Work collaboratively to define and clarify business requirements and to design and
deliver the solutions in support of these requirements.
- Provide technical insights and tactical direction for architecture, design, security, cloud
deployment, and agile processes to ensure effective delivery and alignment with overall
technical strategy and governing standards.
- Be effective in a team environment working with fellow engineers, product management,
- Work independently and collaboratively in a dynamic and fastmoving team
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills and selfmotivation.
- Demonstrate excellent analytical ability and logical troubleshooting skills.