Senior Android Developer
Location: Medellín, Colombia
We are building a solution to the challenges of starting, running, and growing a business. We use technology and automation to provide fast and low-cost services, expert support, and a personalized dashboard that puts everything small business owners need at their fingertips. We are excited about helping other entrepreneurs and business owners realize their dream of creating and growing a successful business. In doing so, we hope to radically shift the business landscape by empowering more people to be their own boss and become financially independent. Being part of this project means being part of a community of problem-solvers, doers, and strategic thinkers.
About the job
In this role, you will work closely with engineers, product owners, and designers to own new product features and enhancements that change the lives of our small business customers. You’ll architect and implement our mobile app experience using Swift and/or Kotlin.
- Create high-quality, predictable, observable code and deliver it to production
- Own the delivery of new product features by working iteratively with the design and product owners to define and deliver new functionality
- Use monitoring and instrumentation to evaluate the success of your code and maintain quality
- Work in an agile, data-driven environment and have true ownership of the features you work on, from gathering requirements to delivering results
- Use data-driven decision making to improve your code (logs, usage analytics, monitoring)
What you need to succeed
- At least 2 years of relevant Native app development
- At least 5 years of relevant software development experience
- Strong understanding of Version control.
- Proficiency with Kotlin and Java
- Proficiency with Android Studio Development Environment
- Proficiency in Android App Development Process.
- Experience shipping web-based products, working with designers and product owners to develop and deliver workflows and libraries
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.
- Experience with operations, API development, and modern service-oriented architecture
- Identify and embrace new technologies, agile frameworks, and CI/CD methodologies.
- Strong written, verbal, and visual communication skills, with the ability to articulate your decisions, whiteboard new solutions, present ideas concisely, and defend your ideas
- Excited about working with designers to create an amazing user experience
- Curious and comfortable learning new things and diving in where needed
What you’ll use
- Kotlin and Java
- HTML 5
- CSS 3 / Styled-Components
- React 16.8+ / Redux / Apollo GraphQL
- Node.js 12+ / Express / Fastify
- Python & Django
- Google Cloud Platform & Kubernetes