Location: Granadilla and San Carlos, Costa Rica
Our client provides technology that community financial institutions use to manage risk and drive growth. Our solutions automate key processes – from anti-money laundering to fraud detection to CECL readiness to lending workflows – empowering our customers by addressing their Enterprise Risk Management needs.
Our client’s Scrum Master/Project Manager will have scrum master/agile responsibilities with our technical teams as well as overseeing software development and technology projects. This includes new feature development and solidifying and scaling our product offerings. The successful candidate must be able to plan, manage, and execute activities across teams by establishing effective planning processes, timelines, status reports, and issue and risk management. This role has overall accountability for the successful delivery of projects and is expected to take responsibility, feeling a personal stake in our products. This position requires comfort working with technical teams and the ability to understand technical project requirements.
What You’ll Do
- Facilitate Agile ceremonies to deliver feature functionality, defects resolution, and scale and performance improvements.
- Drive high performance and collaboration in teams and interact with all members of the organization.
- Own full alignment across dependent teams within a release, manage risks and dependencies such that all parties are aligned with delivery.
- Drive communication as necessary to ensure a shared understanding of dependencies.
- Proactively identify, manage and communicate impediments to expedite resolution.
- Drive scrum team accountability for ensuring the sprint commitment.
- Own tracking and reporting of goals.
- Ability to manage conflict and facilitate issues, working for the success of the entire team
- Facilitate change management activities with team members and stakeholders.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Strong English skills.
- 3-5 years of direct experience as a scrum master, during which time you successfully drove continuously improved team performance with software development teams using Scrum.
- Critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong understanding of SDLC.
- Experience with Jira/Confluence/related SW project management tools a plus
- The ability to work independently and figure things out.
- You are a professional that takes pride in your work.
- You possess the passion, energy, enthusiasm to drive results, highly action-oriented
- Desire to continually improve and learn.
- Excellent time management skills. You can pivot quickly from one contextual focus to another easily.