QA Automation Engineer
Location: Granadilla and San Carlos, Costa Rica
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled QA Engineer that has strong QA concepts and that is able to do manual testing according to the needs of the account. That can help us leverage and build upon our core expert system and suites of financial analysis products. The expectation for this individual is to not only execute but innovate at a high level. Our culture allows for regular sharing of innovative ideas and implementation of the best designs.
Important note: These skilled professionals require a thirst for knowledge and growth, this includes being willing to learn about automation, technical testing, and eventually becoming a QA Automation Engineer.
- Collaborate within a cross-functional team of engineers, product managers, and ScrumMaster.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders such as support, and customer success in developing solutions.
- Contribute across all levels of software quality from high-level testing strategy to manual testing.
- Work with the team to ensure new features being built are tested appropriately.
- Work with developers to identify the right testing strategies on enhancements and bug fixes.
- Knowledge and Experience writing and executing test plans.
Must have experience
- 3+ years of strong experience in QA testing
- Expertise in developing test strategies, test plans, test cases, and test reports
- Sound knowledge on black-box and white-box testing
- Understanding of manual, performance, and automation testing – expertise in manual test tools and frameworks
- Must have functional and basic non-functional testing experience
- Log defects and track to closure, working with development teams to establish defect validity, cause, and retesting as required
- Worked with Jira and/or similar test management tools
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Exceptionally high attention to detail
Nice to have
- ISTQB certification
- API testing
- Basic QA Automation knowledge
- Basic to intermediate SQL and database skills
- Willing to learn Cucumber or Specflow