QA Automation Engineer
Location: Medellín, Colombia
The candidate must be curious about the application or system under test. Understand how the system works and try to find the possible test scenarios to create different test cases. The candidate should create, execute, and give maintenance to the test cases that are currently available; this will also include updating them as the candidate sees fit and deprecating the ones that are no longer valid. Get his hands on the continuous integration tools to execute automated tests.
- Bachelor’s degree in systems engineering.
- Intermediate to high English level.
- 5+ years of overall experience in QA Automation and Quality Assurance in an agile SDLC
- 2-3+ years experience using programming \ scripting languages to extend test solutions (Python preferred or any other language)
- Experience in API testing with Pytest.
- Experience in Performance testing
- Experience in Git and CI tools (e.g: bitbucket).
- Knowledge creating and maintaining Jenkins jobs.
- Experience in Postman, Insomnia, or any other API client.
- Basic experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience in Agile Methodologies like Scrum.
- The candidate should be able to create, execute and give maintenance to the automated test cases
- Effective communication and negotiation skills (POs, leaders, DEVs)
- Partner with devs and QA’s to conduct automation efforts.
- Automate test cases for the different frameworks (API / UI / Performance):
- Participate in the Scrum meeting ceremonies.
- Support manual QA efforts according to priorities.
- Share knowledge with the team whenever possible.
- Be proactive and suggest/automate processes when applicable.
- Find, report, and keep track of defects.
- Create testing documentation
- Intermediate experience in testing desktop applications.
- Dredd API Testing Framework
- Cypress IO Testing Framework
- Appium Automation Tool
- Spinnaker Continuous Delivery Tool
- Experience in Gatling developer tool
- Experience working with cucumber based automation frameworks
- Experience in UI testing frameworks.
- Basic programming experience in C#
- Experience writing test cases using BDD syntax for automation
- Experience implementing automated testing strategies into CI pipelines
- Ability to generate precise and concise test metrics and measures of quality