Location: Granadilla and San Carlos, Costa Rica
What this role is
We love multivariate testing and we rely on a fast, iterative testing cycle to prove our ideas and learn about our customers’ needs. As an Optimization engineer, you will help improve all aspects of the user experience and drive continued growth through A/B testing and other optimization methodologies.
You will work with design, product, and the larger engineering team to create test experiences and proof of concepts in an ongoing effort to improve performance. You will work heavily with A/B Testing software, JQUERY, JS, CSS, HTML, and other front-end technologies as well as work with the larger engineering environment including React, Python, Node.js, and other APIs.
You will also have the opportunity to give ideas and input on all parts of the business and will be looked at to help educate other parts of the organization in testing methodology and efficiencies.
- Own the delivery of new test experiences utilizing Google Optimize or similar software
- Collaborate with Design, Marketing and Product Management on testing backlog, execution, and validation
- Validate all test experiences as part of the larger optimization team
- Constantly ask questions and challenge assumptions
What you need to succeed
- Experience with A/B Testing tools preferred, especially Google Optimize
- Strong written, verbal, and visual communication skills, with the ability to articulate your decisions, whiteboard new solutions, present ideas concisely, and defend your ideas
- Willingness to build rough prototypes and to constantly shift priorities
- Excited about working with designers to create an amazing user experience
- Passionate about multi-variant testing in high traffic consumer websites and apps
- Curious and comfortable learning new things and diving in where needed
- Some experience with React is a plus
What you’ll use
- HTML 5
- CSS 3 / Styled-Components