Location: Medellín, Colombia
The Delivery Manager (DM) is responsible for delivering the value we have committed to our clients. The DM manages the short, mid, and long-term health and performance of the team and is the primary operational contact for the client.
- Account Delivery: Responsible for ensuring that the overall process is going smoothly – team members are productive and satisfied with the project, client/team communication is going well, and good value is being delivered to the client. Oversee and ensure clients a high delivery quality for all the different projects through effective relationships and processes.
- 2NABOX: The DM works closely with the Sales Executive in planning for rate increases, team member issues, and client feedback. Creates and accurately and timely updates and maintains the Team Organization and Profitability sheets.
- Staffing: Responsible for the account strategy, including adding new team members, defining skill sets, advising clients on the right mix of levels and skill types considering the needs of the client (now and forecasted).
- Performance/Team: Enhance and facilitate the team’s performance, and work with Human Resources and Project Leads as needed to ensure the successful resolution in case of performance issues of any team members.
- Agile Culture: Responsible for being an Agile Facilitator* for the client when needed (see below)
- Risk Management: Identify issues or risks in the account based on the knowledge and expertise in the account.
Skills and Experience
- Educational background in the field of computer science or strong management experience in software (more than 5 years).
- Understands and leans into their shared role of 2NABOX
- Proven knowledge of AGILE methodologies in the information technology sector.
- Solid technical background, with understanding or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail.
- Good managing and coaching skills to manage and coach Agile Facilitators and the project team to successfully deliver solutions.
- Good identifying goals and objectives, and motivating and leading others towards their achievement (Leadership).
- Able to monitor the team performance to ensure on-time completion of planned deliverables.
- Be a team player and be able to work with other areas and roles.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Knowledge in risk management strategies.
- Experience managing budgets.
Agile facilitator tasks
Tasks if the DM does not manage the software process.
- Monitor the client’s software process and ensure its best execution.
- Inform about issues and possible risks related to the Agile process. Involved the Agile CoE support if needed.
- Highlight the benefits of Scrum to ensure its smooth adoption.
- Instruct and model core Agile principles of collaboration, delivery, reflection, and improvement.
- Promote change and continuous improvement thus increasing the productivity of Scrum teams.
- Collaborate creating new processes to support and improve operations for managed accounts.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks.