Location: Medellín, Colombia
Based in Austin, TX, Growth Acceleration Partners (GAP) is the leading full-lifecycle software-development company. GAP partners with mid-large enterprises to provide cutting-edge analytics expertise and to build custom cloud and mobile applications. Our engineering centers are located in Costa Rica and Colombia.
We are looking for a Delivery Director that shares our values of Greatness, Agility, and People to be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with clients and key customers within client companies. A strong relationship with GAP’s Sales department will be required targeting account health and growth through consistent delivery.
The Delivery Director will be assigned a project or multiple projects at a time, so it is important to be able to handle multiple responsibilities and adhere to deadlines.
As a Delivery Director, you must have an impressive history in Software delivery and Agile development.
- Account Delivery: Oversee and ensure high quality, prompt and profitable delivery of all different projects for the clients through effective relationships and processes.
- Issues management: First-tier of escalation, proactively work with other team members in his account to manage potential issues and solve them effectively.
- Accounts support: Support other Delivery managers given his seniority to effectively resolve issues.
- Mentoring: Onboard and grow new delivery managers to succeed in their accounts and career development.
- Resourcing: Regularly review and monitor resourcing requirements to ensure effective delivery and grow opportunities.
- Agile Consulting: Provide guidance to clients in agile implementations: identifying opportunities or risks and determine the course of action. Partner with the client to a successful outcome. Willing to perform the role of Scrum Master if the account requires it.
- Continuous improvement: Identify and implement improvement and innovation opportunities to manage projects efficiently.
- Strategies: Work with the Delivery department creating and executing strategies for company expansion and continuous improvement.
Skills and Experience
- Great educational background in the field of computer science.
- Proven working experience in the information technology sector, particularly project management (more than 10 years).
- Solid technical background, with understanding or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail.
- Good managing and coaching skills to manage and coach managers and the project team to successfully deliver solutions
- Identifying goals and objectives, and motivating and leading others towards their achievement
- Able to monitor the team performance against plans.
- Keeping overall objectives and strategies in mind.
- Personnel management experience.
- Proven experience as an agile facilitator and leading teams.
- Experience with USA clients is a plus