Data Platform Architect
Location: Medellín, Colombia
We are looking for bright, innovative, and creative team members who enjoy problem solving, can work in a collaborative environment, and have the desire to be part of an exciting work environment.
Technology expertise for this opening includes a thorough understanding on data platform technologies including: SQL (SQL Server…), No SQL (MongoDB,…) Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, and relevant competitive technologies.
The Data Platform Architect will perform the following job duties:
- Design and develop data tier/big data scale out strategies for data acquisition, data exposure and archive/recovery to support enterprise and industry-wide reporting and market intel requirements
- Align data platform technologies with business needs to meet high-availability, low latency requirements.
- Design telemetry collection, storage and reporting solution across platform resources per stakeholder requirements.
- Implement disaster recovery, security and encryption best practices.
- Provide technology operational support as new systems/platforms are rolled out
- Evaluate tools and technologies in the context of the future state architecture, and evolving business requirements
- Both managed and independent research to stay current on the latest, data tier capabilities of SQL, and NoSQL working with other Architects, pragmatically injecting these new technologies into the product architecture.
- Ensure coding standards are defined and met. Propose best practices/standards
- Design and implement highly supportable software that contains robust instrumentation and tracing.
- Provide technical mentoring and assistance to team members and direct/lead other engineers.
- Adaptable in quickly changing technical environments with very strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Possess excellent coding practices, with an emphasis on quality and performance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively resolve technical disputes among team members
- Deep technical skills across entire data platform stack of technologies
- Expertise in enterprise and industry-scale solutions
- Exceptional leadership, negotiation, and organizational skills
- Remain at the forefront of the latest developments in the software field and have a pragmatic view of when to introduce new technologies into the product and solutions.
- Good understanding of database principles and programming experience in SQL.
- Proficient with relevant technologies that may include: SQL and NoSQL design and implementation
- Experience with Microsoft Azure IaaS and PaaS
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development process
Educational and experience requirements
- A Master degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Minimum of 7 years of software engineering experience.