Data Engineer Lead
Location: Curridabat, Cartago and San Carlos, Costa Rica
The position requires experience with C#/.Net, Microsoft SQL Server, SSRS, SSIS, and consulting skills to help design and develop custom solutions and reports for our client’s hospitality products. Works within the client organization to develop a solution based upon customer requests and help to streamline business processes, functions, procedures, and workflows through a consistent package implementation methodology.
- Ability to consult with customers, senior business and technical representatives
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent with programming experience
- Strong SQL Knowledge
- Experience with .NET, C#, ASP.NET, and
- SSRS with SQL Server strong is a must.
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle and Agile methodologies.
- Passion for technology and knowledge
- Strong background in object-oriented development techniques
Duties include but are not limited to
- Development of customized reports from databases to extract and collect data according to client or management needs
- Specification, design, and development of custom interfaces utilizing .NET languages
- Enhance existing reports and interfaces by analyzing business objectives, preparing an action plan, and identifying areas for modification and improvement
- Following established development tools, guidelines and conventions including but not limited to SQL Server, SSRS, and C#/.Net
- Facilitates the definition of precise project scope, in terms of customer goals, data, processes, and specific procedures to be configured on the new (or improved) solution
- Provides the Project Manager with estimations about the effort required to responsibly customize and deploy a solution so as to fit the target organization
- In large projects, it typically acts as a team member. In smaller projects, may act as the project leader for a specific area or even coordinate the whole project